Already Muhammad Ali knew: the training is important. To ensure that your boxing is always at your peak, good boxing gloves are essential. They are used both for training with punching bags as well as for personal combat.
Are you an advanced boxer and looking for new boxing gloves? Or are you in Rocky Fever and want to convert your fitness training to boxing? Our boxing glove comparison 2017 introduces you to the most popular models for training and tells you what you have to consider when buying. Here we make the boxing gloves comparison: keep expensive models what you promise? Is there Everlast, Adidas and Venum also cheap boxing gloves, which are something good? And what model should be your personal boxing gloves comparison winner?
1. Wie funktionieren Boxhandschuhe?
Boxing gloves for professional competitions must meet additional guidelines, but our boxing-gloves comparison 2017 is restricted to amateur sports. That is why we have set ourselves on training and sparring gloves. Here we have especially compared to quality, longevity and price-performance ratio.
2. What types of boxing gloves are there?
In the boxing gloves comparison, one differentiates between three categories: equipment gloves, boxing gloves for sparring and products for competitions. There are two different types of boxing gloves design. The classic type is the closed boxing glove, which encircles your entire hand and parts of the wrist. Open gloves, also called open fingers, protect only the palm of the hand. The fingers are free. There are special shapes, e.g. For MMA, which only cover the palm of the hand, but keep the inner surface free. Whether you choose models in black, red, blue, white or pink depends on personal preferences.
3. Purchase criteria for boxing gloves: You must pay attention
Traditional boxing gloves are intended for use in classic boxing matches. The standard boxing glove tests focus on these models. If you practice other types of boxes, you should make sure that the product is specially designed for this. So there are special gloves that allow techniques like sparring. For example, MMA, Karate, Muay Thai (also called Thaiboxen) and kickboxes have special gloves that should be used.
3.2. outer material
If you want to buy boxing gloves at a favorable price, you should choose an artificial leather (PU, PVC). Unfortunately, this can be used more quickly and is not very active, so that your hands get very hot. Artificial leather Boxing gloves are sufficient for occasional hobby training. If you want to exercise regularly or are professional boxers, we recommend to choose leather for your boxing gloves. Leather is particularly robust, durable and breathable. To clean it, it should be treated with leather care. Whether you choose cattle leather, calf leather or a different kind of leather is up to you.
Most of the boxing gloves are padded with foam, which is relatively soft and compliant, but can easily change its shape. Therefore, many professional boxing gloves are additionally filled with Rosshaar. These items have a very high price and are not necessary for the pure training. In addition to the upholstery, the internal ventilation is also a factor. Many products have a breathable inner lining or mesh inserts to help your hands sweat less. A boxing glove with ventilation is especially recommended for artificial leather.
Often, training gloves and sparring gloves are equipped with a Velcro closure on the wrist. They can be put on easily and without the help of others. Boxing gloves with lacing are particularly firm and secure, so especially competition boxing gloves are provided with a lacing.
4. You should pay attention to the use of boxing gloves
You should always discuss your personal training plan with your trainer when boxing. Boxing is a sport in which all muscle groups are trained and is ideal if you want to keep fit. However, in order to increase your performance, you must install other types of training. In order to train endurance and fitness, running is a good thing to do. The Farthing style is popular here, in which short, fast running intervals are inserted into the endurance race. Also the training with a jump rope or Punchingball offers itself. Boxesacks are also available in many different designs and can be used in many different ways. As a rule of thumb for the competition training, the training duration should correspond to the number of rounds. So train for a 6-round competition. You should start exercising 6 weeks before.
To protect your hand in the boxing glove in addition, you should wear a bandage under the glove. Alternatively you can buy a boxing glove with inner lining – but this is less flexible and only for beginners and children a good idea.
Good boxing technique in boxing depends not least on a good bandage technique. There are several ways, it is important that you choose a winding technique which is pleasant for you. Exercise also makes the master here.
- Beginner's Boxing Gloves Made From PU
- Velcro Straps
- Sewn-On Thumbs
- Two Colours
- EMRAH Patent-Pending Durable Maya Hide leather construction for resiliency and longevity
- Extra-thick V-2 mould based padding on knuckles
- E-Cool V2.0 Breathable interior mesh
- Large Velcro enclosure with elastic for a better adjustment
- Shock absorbent mould reduces fatigue and disperses strike energy.
- Xn8 Moisture away mesh lining for your inner palm designed to support a dry and cool hand compartment and reduce hand sweat
- Velcro wrap closure mechanism with a long cuff strap designed to provide additional support
- Made with extremely durable PU synthetic leather providing extra protection and dexterity
- Multi-layer gel integrated Hand Moulded Latex Padding
- 100% Money Back Guarantee. We know you will love them 🙂
- Lions Boxing Gloves
- Made of Rex Leather
- High Quality Gel Latex Padded
- Ideal for Boxing, Sparring, MMA Training
- Comes in Black colour.
- EMRAH Gel Quick Wraps are the fastest and easiest way to help protect your hands while you are training boxing, kickboxing, MMA or any other form of striking
- Super slide on tech just slide them on like a glove and secure with the full wrap-around hook & loop closure
- Made of polyester carbon fibre blend material with a moisture wicking liner to help keep your hands dry
- 72 cm long wrist wrap provides extra support.
- Tested for strength and endurance, comes as pair.